The Division of Student Life at Duquesne University is committed to giving our students the best possible experience in and out of the classroom. Our dedicated Student Life staff unites our diverse student body through programming, services and countless opportunities to engage with peers on and off the Bluff. The units that make up Student Life create a student-centered environment that help students reach personal goals, build relationships, stay healthy and succeed.
Make a gift to our students when they need it most...
We would like to call attention to other Student Life initiatives that are in need of your support:
Brother Gerald Keating Food Pantry Initiative
- In the spirit of Brother Gerald Keating’s life’s work as a Spiritan, the Keating Initiative provides umbrella services for undergraduate and graduate students who demonstrate food insecurity. The vision of the Keating Initiative is straightforward—it provides food, food vouchers and resources to enable students to complete degrees. Research has shown that food insecurity prevents academic success because students cannot adequately perform academic obligations if they are hungry. Donations will help to stock our food pantry.
- The Duquesne University Career Closet provides students with appropriate interview attire as they transition into the professional world. The Career Closet gives Duquesne University students FREE access to one professional outfit or accessory that they can wear to job interviews, career fairs and internships. Donations to this fund help our students land that dream job and enter the workforce as a proud Duquesne University alum.
Center for Student Wellbeing
- As a Center within the Division of Student Life, working in conjunction with the Division of Mission and Identity, the Center for Student Wellbeing, which includes Counseling Services, and Recreation Services, promotes an understanding of wellbeing that is holistic in nature: mind, body, and spirit. The Center helps students respond to the stress associated with being a 21st century college student so that they can lead meaningful lives. This includes helping students address and work through psychological suffering in all of its forms, and experience the therapeutic benefits of exercise. An important part of the Center’s Vision is in acknowledging the impact that the pandemic has had upon our students. As a result, the Center developed a biopsychosocial-spiritual model that addresses our students’ needs, which has led to a re-imagined understanding of “student success,” and how the promotion of wellbeing is vital to retention, academic and career success, and most importantly, life-satisfaction.
Center for Excellence in Diversity and Student Inclusion
- Gifts to the Center for Excellence in Diversity and Student Inclusion serve students who are in need of financial assistance to matriculate and eventually graduate from Duquesne University. Qualified students have maxed out all other options of available financial aid and are in good financial standing.
Duquesne Program Council (Student Organizations)
- Duquesne University has 250 recognized student organizations, which are an excellent way for students to connect with their peers, create new experiences and discover lasting friendships. Donations to this fund would provide student organizations with the opportunity to attend conferences, competitions and enhance programming.
- Greek Life at Duquesne University encourages lifetime membership, academic excellence, leadership, community service and strong friendships. Make a general donation to Greek Life or select the sorority or fraternity you would like to directly support.
- Our Power Center Recreation Center fitness facility features a full array of intramural leagues and sports, over 60 group fitness classes weekly, a full cardio fleet, multiple weightlifting options, an indoor track, club sports and more. Donations to this fund help us to provide our students with a first-class fitness and recreation experience.
- If you want to donate to a specific student organization - on the donation form, under "Department or Program" select "Other"; then under "Fund Designation" select "Other"; and type-in the name of the student organization you want to support.
Please Donate to the Division of Student Life on 2.7.24
We hope you will donate to the area of Student Life that means the most to you. If you were planning to support a different area of campus, please consider making even a $10 donation to support our efforts. Simply select "Add another gift to your donation" on the donation form. This will allow you to make multiple gifts within the same transaction.
Don't forget to also spread the word!
An additional way to make a major impact on the Duquesne Day of Giving is to help us spread the word via social media, e-mail, text, word of mouth! Share this address www.duq.edu/dayofgiving with #DuqDayOfGiving and encourage your family and friends to donate. Go Dukes!