Our MISSION: Provide Transformative Education in a Spiritan Tradition…
We develop ethical business professionals who:
- Understand the global marketplace
- Serve others by leading with integrity to transform their communities, organizations, and society
We accomplish this by:
Engaging students, alumni, and business partners with passionate faculty members who create impactful scholarship and innovative educational experiences that connect theory to practice.
The impact of your gift
Your support of our business students is vital to their success and the School’s future. Areas in need include:
- Launching New Center for Student Success: We are converting the entire seventh floor of Rockwell Hall into a new Center for Student Success (CSS). This will be an important driving force in helping us recruit, develop, transform and place our students so they can have maximum impact in business and the world. Our new CSS will be an important driving force in transforming students into ethical business professionals who make a difference. In short, the CSS will be the ‘beating heart’ of our School, a welcoming place focused holistically on all of our students’ needs.
- Naming gifts are available for all Centers of Excellence: Professional Selling, Entrepreneurship, Supply Chain Management, Investment Strategy and Sustainable Business Innovation.
- Compelling undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Supporting innovative faculty research.
Three donors will match donations made to the Innovation Fund, dollar-for-dollar, up to $20,000.
- $10,000 Anonymous Donor
- $5,000 John McMurtry (MS’85)
- $5,000 Thomas McQuillan (B’88)
The Innovation Fund is an investment in the Palumbo-Donahue 2025 Achieving Distinctive Excellence strategic plan. Your support contributes to the on-going renovation effort of Rockwell Hall, enhances the practical based student learning experiences in our Centers of Excellence as well as augments forward thinking curricular innovations and academic thought leadership.
By supporting the Innovation Fund, the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business is able to provide transformative educational experiences living out our vision to—Be a Premier Business School with Distinctive Excellence.
Two anonymous donors will match donations made to the Bhaskar Student Excellence Fund, dollar-for-dollar up to $40,000.
This fund honors the legacy of Professor Bhaskar, a member of our finance faculty who recently retired after shaping the lives of thousands of students. The resources raised will directly support students involved with the Investment Strategy Institute and student managed investment fund (SMIF) program and will enhance the investment experience for students.
Please make your donations to the School of Business and thank you for your support.
Don't forget to also spread the word!
An additional way to make a major impact on the Duquesne Day of Giving is to help us spread the word via social media, e-mail, text, and word of mouth! Share this address www.duq.edu/dayofgiving with #DUQDayOfGiving and encourage your family and friends to make a donation. Go Dukes!