Here at the Mary Pappert School of Music, we help students become the musicians they want to be with degrees and programs backed by the skills and experiences of our world-class GRAMMY Award-winning faculty. Our students benefit from state-of-the-art music technology and recording studios, 68 Steinway pianos, and two performance venues, among many other facilities. Your gift helps us to provide our students an education that utilizes all of these resources to their fullest potential.
Our primary goal for this year’s Day of Giving is to raise funds for our new Live Streaming Initiative.
During the early days of the pandemic, the Mary Pappert School of Music began producing video recordings that would find their way to families and friends via the school’s YouTube channel.
Click below to see videos that have been released in the last year:
These video projects were so successful that we wanted to find a way to provide a high-quality video live stream of our concerts so that we could share our performances around the world. To that end, we recently launched a fundraising campaign to purchase the equipment necessary to capture and stream the videos, as well as to support the infrastructure necessary to make this a reality for the performers and you—their audience.
In addition to our live stream fund, you can also choose to designate all or part of your gift to any one of the following funds:
- Dean’s Discretionary Fund (Greatest Needs): Your gift to the Dean’s Discretionary Fund allows for us to support our areas of greatest need.
- Audio Engineering Society: Typically, students in the Audio Engineering Society benefit from donations to assist with funding to attend the annual AES and NAMM conferences.
- City Music Center: Funds raised for CMC will benefit students (where possible) through individual musical instruction, group classes, workshops, recitals, and concert performances, as well as summer camps packed with music-making activities and performance opportunities.
- Institute of Entertainment, Music, and Media Arts: Gifts made to IEMMA will be used to bring world famous guest artists and lecturers to campus to supplement our students’ education with real-world experience.
- Music on the Bluff Series: Gifts made to this series ensure that we can continue to present the highest caliber performers and performances for this highly successful chamber music series.
- Music Therapy Endowed Fund: This fund provides scholarship funding to aspiring music therapy students here at Duquesne.
- Music Therapy Student Association: Members of MTSA will utilize Day of Giving gifts to support registration costs for the annual Mid-Atlantic Region of the American Music Therapy conference.
- National Association for Music Education (NAfME): Members of NAfME Collegiate Chapter #159 will use the funds to assist with costs associated with their attendance at the Pennsylvania Music Education Association Annual In-Service Conference in the Poconos in April 2022, including conference registration, accommodations, and travel.
- National Band Association Duquesne Chapter: Your gift to NBA helps support our students in bringing in world-class speakers and participate in band-related Conferences and events.
- Trumpet Ensemble/Studio: Students in the trumpet studio regularly take trips and raise funds to help offset travel expenses.
- Voices of Spirit: This fund supports future travel and recording projects of the Voices of Spirit, Duquesne’s premier choral ensemble.
Don't forget to also spread the word!
An additional way to make a major impact on the Duquesne Day of Giving is to help us spread the word via social media, e-mail, text, and/or word of mouth! Share this address www.duq.edu/dayofgiving with #DUQDayOfGiving and encourage your family and friends to make a donation. Go Dukes!